Latest Blog Post
8 Best iPad Apps For Retina Display
Posted on Mar 24, 2012
The new iPad has arrived with a high-resolution retina display that's sure to catch your eye.
Apple has doubled the pixel count of the old iPad in both directions with a 2,048 X 1,536 resolution, according to an article at Mashable.
While every app will look better on the new screen, software specifically designed for the new retina display will be especially eye-catching.
Here are 8 retina-optimized apps recommended by Mashable to enhance your viewing pleasure:
- The New York Times: The increased screen resolution should help book and news readers by reducing eye strain. Text is visibly sharper compared to older iPads.
- Solar Walk: This 3D model of the solar system shows detail on planets like Jupiter and Saturn plus perfectly wispy orbit lines of moons.
- Mint: You'll want to look over every line of your bank account with crisp pie charts that easily break down the numbers.
- Barefoot World Atlas: Visit world landmarks via this app that provides great details even at minimum zoom.
- iPhoto: There's no need to zoom much to view fine details with the retina screen.
- Art Authority: Artwork stands out and the higher-resolution imagery even loads faster than before.
- Martha Stewart Cookies: The cookies look even more tempting and the recipes get a boost with crisper type and better detail in the background.
- Flipboard: Your social media feeds become more like readable social magazines with photo feeds that dazzle.
After watching a demo of one of these apps being shown on an iPad 2 and an iPad3 on an HDTV, the difference is incredible, said a payments processing expert at US Dataworks.
Source: Mashable, March 2012